Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB Head Phones  (Read 2735 times)

Hopester Doofus

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
    USB Head Phones
    « on: June 04, 2006, 04:11:46 PM »
    Hello all. Remember me? I'm here with a question today, and I'm just trying to gauge what the experience of others has been.

Is there any difference in the sound quality from a pair of head phones using a USB connection, as opposed to a set connected directly to the sound card through the old style mini-jacks? Bought an expensive set of USB headphones today (Logitech), and I like everything about them except the sound quality.

Is it just me?

Hopester...
    There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

GX1_Man

Re: USB Head Phones
    « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 05:37:50 PM »
    Hello there. I have no experience on USB phones (can't see how that could be an improvement) but just wanted to welcome you back!  ;D

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 06:18:49 PM »
      Welcome back    Hopester .........

I have had no experience with USB headphones ....... I have several of the type which plug into the  mic and spkr jacks .........   Headset/boom mic mike $19.99 and work awesome . What seem to be wrong with the sound output of yours ?

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Hopester Doofus

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
        « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 09:45:15 PM »
        Hi GX ! Hey DL !

DL, it's just poor sound quality - a little muffled, not crisp and clear like my cheapo $20 set. Kind of like I have a facecloth between the earphone and my ear. I've experienced this with other headsets as well. In fact, it's been my experience that the cheap headsets often seem to have the best sound quality. I just get tired of replacing them every six months, so I decided to try this more expensive set.

BTW, I checked my ears. No facecloths.

Fed

• Sage
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 09:49:36 PM »
          Hi Ya Doofus!

Hopester Doofus

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
            « Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 11:16:32 PM »
            Hi Fed! Neat smilie.  ;D