Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Knights of the Old Republic  (Read 5675 times)

Joleen

Knights of the Old Republic
« on: August 31, 2004, 09:47:23 AM »
Well.. I was a foolish, foolish girl.  I stayed up till 2am yesterday (er this morning) playing the Knights of the Old Republic.  It's a good game with a third-person style of gameplay similar to Baldur's Keep.  You can control your main character but gain help along the way.  The people you meet will join your party and you can control them as well.  If you like RPGs you'll probably like this.  If you are a Star Wars nut then this will be a must.

Some of the GUI is irritating.. in Baldur's Gate you pretty much looked down from the sky on your chars where in KOR you seem to be walking behind the character you're in control of.  This means that, to see behind you, you must turn around (this happens alot especially when you enter/exit a room).  You move forward by holding down both mouse buttons instead of clicking on a desired location.

I find I'll often become 'trapped' behind an obsticle such as doors or people then have to do some fancy footwork to get out and carry on.

They could use more skills too but since I haven't been able to tap into the force yet I'll have to wait and see what's offered.

I like this game so far but I do think they'd have been better off going with a true 3rd person perspective as in Neverwinter Nights or Baldur's Gate.

Raptor

Re: Knights of the Old Republic
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 11:05:51 AM »
I am not quite a fan of Star Wars - I prefer games that donot have to do with a Science Fiction brand so that the universe is pretty much determined by the developers rather than them having to stick to specific guidelines.