Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no inputs signal from input A  (Read 2638 times)

reynold

no inputs signal from input A
« on: June 06, 2006, 11:01:22 PM »
hi, i have a problem with my computer, when i start my computer, my monitor wont display anything only "no inputs signal from input A", the LED is yellow so i guess the monitor's power is okay, so im wondering whats the problem is...Oh, and a day before, when im working with my computer, suddenly the blue screen appeared and said" memory dump.. or something like that.
Please help...!  thanks :-[

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: no inputs signal from input A
    « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 11:05:19 PM »
     reynold... Is this a laptop or a desktop ?

does it have a onboard vid card or a plug in vid card ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

reynold

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 11:11:29 PM »

dl65  Roll Eyes
    thanks for replying...
    it is a desktop, what is the difference between onboard and plug in video card? im not sure, but mine is geforce2 mx 400, i broke my first geforce4 because if im not wrong, i remembered the fardware store told me that the socket or something was broken so i have to buy the gefroce 2 because its using the other socket ion the mother board, its on the last socket on my motherboard(the bottom), aftermy sound card socket.
    thanks ;D:)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 11:33:25 PM »
      reynold.....  Ok ......by you answer, you have a plug in vid card as opposed to a onboard ...... a onboard card is integrated into the motherboard .
      The first thing I would do is open up the case .( with all power turned off)  take care to touch your finger or hand to any metal part of the case to drain off any possible static buildup in your body . ( note the power cable from the tower to the wall receptical must be connected to provide a ground path)  You will need a philips screw driver .... remove the screw that holds the vid card into the tower frame . ( make sure to remove the monitor cable from it's plug )....then carefully remove the vid card ...... being careful not to put your fingers on the chips or the contacts . So take it right out , and then replace it ....making sure its firmly in the socket ...replace the screw and your done ........ before closing up the case , check to be sure there isnt a buildup of dust on the interior of the machine and in particular on the fan blades on the CPU heatsink fan....... If theres a lot of dust present , it would be a good idea to go and purchase a can of dust off or some other similar product ....( when blowing dust off the CPU cooling fan , use a chopstick or something similar to prevent the fan from spinning when you are blowing out the dust .) Now before you close up the case , plug the monitor cable back in ......and then start the machine ......check to be sure that the cooling fan on the CPU is spinning , the cooling fan in the power supply is spinning , the cooling fan on the vid card ( if it has one ) is spinning and if there is an fan mounted in the case , that it is working as well ...... If that is all ok put the cover back on and see if the machine will boot up .

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 11:34:37 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

reynold

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 12:04:50 AM »
      okay, i will try it, thanks a lot and i will give you the result ...thanks! ;D

reynold

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 11:52:32 PM »
      Hi, i have tried many times, vacuumed the pc, fan, graphic card, reconnect the video card and all... it still won't get the monitor to respond..:(, any suggestion what should i do? thanks

sneakers

Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 01:27:00 AM »
        Do you have another monitor that you can hook up to test it with. Try that.
        Also, the card Ilooked up is a PCI card, this is a PCI Card Right. Try putting it in another PCI slot. I did that once and got and older machine I had to work.

Good Luck
        Case: Logisys Clear Acrylic - CPU: AMD Athlon FX-62 With HyperTransport Technology - RAM: 2GB  - Power Supply: 650 Watt SLI ready - Motherboard: Asus SLI Deluxe  - Graphics Cards: Geforce 7900 GT  - HDD: 2 - 36 GB Raptors     160

reynold

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 11:47:31 PM »
        Hi, i already tried with another monitor and it did not work, im not sure if mine is a PCI card, mine is geforce2 mx 400, is it okay to just try plug to another slot?,ok i will try at home, thank you:)

NazDebo

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 01:33:18 AM »
        i an  now having the same problem, did u end up finding out what was wrong?