Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No red pixels are displayed on crt monitor  (Read 2566 times)

heartless

No red pixels are displayed on crt monitor
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:04:42 PM »
I just installed a new asus mother board, pentium 4 prescott core processor, and an ATI radeon 1600 x pro vid card with pci  xpress.  once i boot the computer, my monitor now doesn't display any red pixels on the screen, so resolution is messy.  I also tried another geforce pci xpress gfx card and still got the same issue with no red being displayed.  If anyone has any clue what might be the cause of this error, your help is greatly appreciated.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: No red pixels are displayed on crt monitor
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 02:51:54 AM »
If this happens with any graphics card you use, then the most likely problem is a faulty connection between the graphics card and the monitor.  First inspect the plug(s) for bent pins, a common issue.  Ensure that all connections are secure.  If you see no improvement, try the monitor on a different computer.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »
and try another monitor on  this computer.  ;)

Dead_reckon

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 06:54:07 PM »
if the monitor works on another computer, then its your motherboard, if it doesnt, then its the tint chip in the monitor

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 04:30:30 AM »
if the monitor works on another computer, then its your motherboard, if it doesnt, then its the tint chip in the monitor
Er... are you sure?  Faulty connections are the most common cause I've seen of this problem, in all but the oldest of monitor setups.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos