Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What is the best anti-sypware program?  (Read 3162 times)

Juan_Fisto

What is the best anti-sypware program?
« on: June 09, 2006, 10:00:38 AM »
What is the best anti-spyware program?  That cleans up all spyware from your computer also.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: What is the best anti-sypware program?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 10:48:14 AM »
I would say Spy Sweeper is the best software for Spyware that I have come accross.

Flame

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 01:11:29 PM »
    Juan Fisto..... LOL ...... thats a loaded question ........ I dont think that any of the decent ones ever get it all ....so if you ask 10 people , you will probably get at least 6 differant answers. I have tried it on several occassions and its ok , but it doesnt find it all ...... Now ,I would have to add ,that I have not tried the latest version of it Version 4.5 .....

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 03:49:05 PM »
    I use AdAware and Spybot. As mentioned previously, one is seldom enough!  ;)

Dead_reckon

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 04:02:42 PM »
    adaware does me fine... but ive never tryed spy bot and adaware together, so i cant say how well that works

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 04:11:02 PM »
      Ad-Aware is ok , however it doesnt even begin to offer the protection that Spybot offers ....you should be using both ...... they get along just fine .

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Dead_reckon

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 04:17:50 PM »
      ill remember that, i know how much of a headache it can be to clean up spyware and adware manually

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 04:32:47 PM »
      I hate both Ad-Aware and Spybot. Neither offer real-time protection, giving the Spyware plenty of opprotunities to disable the protector. Not just that, but I want to know the second I get something. Not find out after buying things online.

Flame

Fed

• Sage
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 05:02:42 PM »
        Flame, put Spybot into Advanced Mode & you will find out why it's highly regarded.

homer

Expert
          « Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 05:56:15 PM »
          ive had so many problems with spybot that it made me sick. thats y i switched to ad-aware.

Dead_reckon

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 06:15:50 PM »
          having an anti spy program that runs in the background to find spyware is good, but with my celeron, i dont have the proccessing power to spare to be runnin anything like that, i hate this thing, i plan to build another, with a 775 socket 3.2 ghz Pentium 4 prescott HT with 1mb of cache out of an ole HP desktop (somones givin  me it free, they only use AMD) but, i do advise programs that run constantly if your computer can handle it. even with a gig of ram, my celeron d is far too weak to do much.... even when it comes to protection...

Fed

• Sage
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 06:29:18 PM »
            There is no comparison between Adaware & Spybot, I've given up using Adaware in favour of running ccleaner and the Spybot Resident & EI Tweaks.

GX1_Man

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 06:33:51 PM »
            i do advise programs that run constantly if your computer can handle it. even with a gig of ram, my celeron d is far too weak to do much.... even when it comes to protection...

I have a PIII-500 with 128 RAM that has absolutely NO problems doing this. What's the difference? I do not run XP! Win2000 does all of this quite easily. There's a lesson here somewhere. ;)

tmml

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 12:14:28 AM »
            spy sweeper is the best. i had a problem with adware, and spybot conflicting with spy sweeper. all three were trying to monitor the net and my connection was really slow.

now i just use spy sweeper and not problems at all.