Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: original windows 95 games  (Read 8885 times)

rosa_chinesis

original windows 95 games
« on: June 11, 2006, 07:20:45 AM »
hey im looking for the original games from, what i think is called, the windows 95 entertainment pack. i remember there was quite a good few games on it, 1 was a downhill skiing game where you had to avoid trees and go over jumps and cross the finish... and if you went to far a yeti came and ate you!?! :o

another was a cat and mouse game where you had to move a row of blocks and squash the cats into 1 square then they turned to cheese and the mouse could eat them  :D

if anyone remembers what the pack is called these games came with, the games names, or even where i could download/buy i would be VERY greatful  ;D

Thanks,

GX1_Man

Re: original windows 95 games
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 07:51:17 AM »
I think it was WIndows Enterrtainment Pack. You cannot legally download, but you could surely find it on eBay.

hyperhedron

Intermediate
  • Hilarity Ensues.
    « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:59:50 AM »
    HAHA YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That skiiing one is SKIFREE! in fact i have it on my computer, which my brother gave me. it works on my win98 just fine. i love it!

btw i love the yeti as well. ;D

I am not on drugs, i swear.......
    "question" is not an adequate topic name!

homer

Expert
      « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 10:02:22 PM »
      ...the yeti scares me.... :o

undead.fox

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 05:49:06 PM »
      question : was the entertainment pack originally for Windows 3.1? I remeber my first computer had skiFree and other games like that (chips, pipe...) and ran 3.1... That would make them Abandonware games... :-?

undead.fox

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 05:50:44 PM »
      sorry for the double post, but I made a mistake, I know what's an abandonware game, but can someone tell me if the package is an abandonware?

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 06:12:26 PM »
      There are NO Microsoft products that are abandonware. That means that you cannot legally download and use them.

Neil

Expert
      • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
        « Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 07:26:09 AM »
        Technically you cannot legally download 95% of abandonware, the usual case is that the company doesn't know, doesn't exist, or just doesn't care anymore.

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 09:18:39 AM »
        Yes, people fail to make that distinction.  ::)