Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: kinda stupid but really annoying  (Read 2901 times)

halokid224

kinda stupid but really annoying
« on: June 11, 2006, 03:43:24 PM »
well my pc is still slow and shity this guy was workin on it for a few hours he had to go home though but my pc crashed today and when i restart i get this annoying "active desktop is disbaled" thing in the background i click enable active desktop and IE explorer gives me a scripting error and when i opend the display optoins thing were u choose ur background after i set it to a background it frozeup and its not in my task manager list of porgrams runing and its blocking my icons please help , my pc is waaaaaaaaay to slow to restart it also im using windows XP

fullbug

Apprentice
    Re: kinda stupid but really annoying
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 03:48:05 PM »
    I think computers are the least of your problems. ;) ;D

halokid224

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »
    SILENCE NOOB , well anyway how do i close it

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 03:55:28 PM »
    You need to get a real XP CD and reformat this thing and start over. That's for starts. Then post back if it is too slow. Do you have an XP CD?

halokid224

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 03:59:04 PM »
    if i had it it seemed to magicaly dissapear..............but my D:\ drive isint infected just the C:\ my primary drive

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 04:00:33 PM »
    Until you get the system clean (and I personally don't think you can short of a reinstall) there is no reason to expect anything to work right. Sorry.

halokid224

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 04:03:32 PM »
    lol if i ever do get a new pc ill blow this one up with a BB gun , hopefully i can get a windows XP OS disc though (wallmart) it will be windows XP SP1 though and im runing on SP2 but that doesnt matter ive wanted to start over since my pc droped below 10GB

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 04:14:31 PM »
    We'll wait to hear from you after WalMart. Don't even connect that thing to the internet until you have SP2, an antivirus and a firewall in place. If you do, you'll get the same advice again. You will be infected within seconds!
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 04:15:01 PM by GX1_Man »

homer

Expert
      « Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 05:18:16 PM »
      and i might recommend a 12 guage shotgun instead of a BB gun. ur BB will probably hit a heatsink and bounce right back and hit u in the face.  :(