Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express folder settings changed at exiting  (Read 1794 times)

BrettMud

Outlook Express folder settings changed at exiting
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:22:55 AM »
Hi there,

Not a major problem here, but for someone with borderline OCD, it's ridiculously frustrating. I just reformatted my laptop, and have reinstalled all my old programs. Now, though, when using Outlook Express, my mail folders and subfolders automatically collapse when I exit. I'm hoping someone will be able to help. All I want to do--it seems so simple--is to keep the folders I've expanded in that state between exiting and re-starting (which happened, as I recall, automatically before the reformatting).

Feel a bit crazy, as there is nothing I can seem to find on the topic online, or in Outlook Express Help, or by  navigating every single tab in the Tools/Options menu.

Thanks in advance,
B

GX1_Man

Re: Outlook Express folder settings changed at exi
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 06:16:46 PM »
Did it used to work the way you describe wanting it to? Out look Express is not the most customizable thing.

BrettMud

Re: Outlook Express folder settings changed at exi
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 07:23:25 AM »
Did it used to work the way you describe wanting it to? Out look Express is not the most customizable thing.

Yup, it used to work exactly as I mention. I'd have a certain number of frequently-used folders in an expanded view, and some less-frequently accessed folders collapsed, and whenever I closed out of the program, the settings were saved and I could re-open with folders appearing as they were before exiting.

Thanks for the attention.