Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Photoshop edit files question.  (Read 2286 times)

ktwriter

Photoshop edit files question.
« on: June 16, 2006, 10:31:57 PM »
Okay I know this is kind of a lame question, and not really necessary although its annoying.  I've usually in Windows Explorer been able to open up more than one photo to edit at a time.  example> Select multiple photos, right click and select edit in photoshop.  Then without problem Photoshop would start, and all the photos would open, usually I would do this for new pictures create an action script to have them resized for web.

Now, the problem.  I can't do this anymore.  For some reason when I select more than one file and right click and select edit in Photoshop, I see an hour glass for half a second, and then nothing.  Not one thing happens, photoshop never loads.

I can only open one file from explorer at a time to edit in photoshop.  I know this is really mundane, although i'd still like to be able to have the choice to select like 40 pics and edit them all at once.  Any suggestions?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Photoshop edit files question.
    « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »
     ktwriter...... Why not simply open photoshop , and then use click open ......
    You can have a mit full all open at the same time.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

ktwriter

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 11:02:22 PM »
    I could..but it was just the convenience lol.  The fact that I used to be able to do it and now I can't just gives me a little bug.  I would always just right click like an entire folder and open them at once, like I said not a huge deal, but still why does it not work now ya know
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 11:04:34 PM by ktwriter »

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 01:23:20 AM »
    Reinstall Photoshop.  :)
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

ktwriter

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 11:05:50 PM »
    Yeah I ended up reinstalling photoshop, didn't fix it.  Then talk about strange, I had only recently added a program called PowerISO.  I removed it because I only used the demo for one reason.  After I removed it, my explorer functions returned.  Strange.  Although i'm happy, it works the way I had it again :) Thanks everyone for the tips :)