Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows messenger  (Read 4099 times)

josh deane

windows messenger
« on: September 02, 2004, 04:38:15 AM »
i'm not sure how bout i think probably through some sort of spyware i ended up with windows messenger on my computer. i ran scans on spyware doctor but this failed to remove any part of it.

the program is not listed in Add/Remove programs, so i am unsure as to how to remove it. it really is a pest of program and forever sits in my system tray because every time i try and close it the following message appears:

"There are other applications currently using features provided by Windows Messenger. You must close those other applications before you can exit Windows Messenger. These applications may include : Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer and Internet Explorer."

Any help someone could provide me with as to how to remove this program would be greatly appreciated.

regards

josh deane

Raptor

Re: windows messenger
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 05:26:25 AM »
Shoot The Messenger

This is a very useful tool to disable Messenger. Or you can do it by going to Start -> Run -> Services.msc and disabeling Messenger from there.

However, I recommend using the tool if you're not familiar with disabling services.

Home of Gibson Research Corportation[/url

Very good webpage concerning security.