Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: photoshop will not open  (Read 3194 times)

junuh

photoshop will not open
« on: June 17, 2006, 02:18:04 PM »
hi everyone,  this is my first post and thanks to everyone who may have suggestions for my problem.

i have installed photoshop cs onto my laptop, a viao, with 1gig of memory, a 9800  pro video card.  photoshop was working fine until one day it quit.  when i double click on the icon for photoshop i get a error message stating unable to connect because of 0x000000005 file.

i have photoshop on my pc and it works fine, but it quit working on my laptop.  i have uninstalled and reinstalled but i get the same error.  can anyone explain what and why this is happening :)

GX1_Man

Re: photoshop will not open
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 05:35:37 PM »
Can you do a system restore to a date when it was working? Is it a legal copy? What happened prior tto it not working? What malware protection are you using? There are some details missing here.

infoseeker

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 08:04:51 PM »
hi everyone,  this is my first post and thanks to everyone who may have suggestions for my problem.

i have installed photoshop cs onto my laptop, a viao, with 1gig of memory, a 9800  pro video card.  photoshop was working fine until one day it quit.  when i double click on the icon for photoshop i get a error message stating unable to connect because of 0x000000005 file.

i have photoshop on my pc and it works fine, but it quit working on my laptop.  i have uninstalled and reinstalled but i get the same error.  can anyone explain what and why this is happening :)

try to reinstall your photoshop

homer

Expert
    « Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 12:43:37 AM »
    Is it a legal copy?

...off topic, but i have yet to meet somebody who aquired it legally. the problem is nobody is willing to spend $700 on the software.
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:44:26 AM by homer »

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 01:29:50 AM »
    Is your peer group impoverished students? I don't really think you can draw conclusions then...  ;)
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

junuh

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 07:46:05 AM »
    i haave added some adware to the laptop.  i have already tried to reinstall after unstalling photoshop.  and yes i paid almost 800 dollars for the program.  any other ideas gentlemen

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 09:39:45 AM »
    i haave added some adware to the laptop.  

I have no idea what this means.  ::)