Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP Error Message  (Read 3704 times)

paguilar1986

Windows XP Error Message
« on: June 19, 2006, 09:39:19 AM »
I am currently running Windows XP and have been searching for a solution for an error message I have been getting for the past week but I can't find anything that will help. I boot up my PC and everything seems fine my desktop will show and all my desktop shortcuts will appear, but before I can even try to select anything a Error message appears saying "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." The title of this message just is "Windows Explorer". I google it and some people say it is a bad explorer.exe file and some say it is a trojan? If anyone knows what exactly this is and what I can do to fix this problem please respond. I would try to run my panda anti-virus software but like i said before I can do anything the message comes up and will just keep popping up no matter what. It asks me if I want to send the error to Microsoft and when I click dont send it will "Refresh the desktop"??? and then it will just come out again.

T-Chai

Re: Windows XP Error Message
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 11:09:01 AM »
I had that before, yep it is anoying
As yo cant do anything does systems restore works? if it does then you can just revert back to the date when your computer is fine.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:09:44 AM by T-Chai »

T-Chai

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 11:11:40 AM »

paguilar1986

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 12:15:39 PM »
I tried to do a system restore before but when i run it and the window pops up the windows explore error message just pops up again and won't let be do anything at all. I then choose dont send and then the desktop seems to "Refresh" again and then the message appears again and again.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 04:37:06 PM »
Have a read here:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149948530

Do you have a real Windows CD if you need to reinstall?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 04:42:33 PM by GX1_Man »

RapedApe

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 10:03:42 PM »
Boot into safe mode with command prompt and try running the system restore from there. It's F8 on the boot logo, not the Windows one but the one that comes before that. Once you get in just type

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hope that helps.