Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: missing files  (Read 2163 times)

tmm5899

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    missing files
    « on: June 21, 2006, 08:34:45 PM »
    When I turn on my computer it beeps and then I get this message cannot find a device file maybe needed to run windows or windows applications.
    The windows registry or system ini file refers to this device file but the device no longer exists
    If you deleted this file on purpose try  uninstalling the associated  applications using it’s uninstall or set up program what does this mean and how do I fix this problem    my modem does not   detect a dial tone when I tried connecting through aol and I was told that the file may have something to do with the modem but I am not sure any help would be appreciated
    Thank you

The computer is a nec  Pentium 24.0 Mb  ram
    I can not get the dxdiag to work  to save the other information that may be needed to get the help :-?

GX1_Man

Re: missing files
    « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 09:17:37 PM »
    It is a NEC Pentium I with 24 meg RAM?  What is the operating system? Do you have a Windows CD to reload if necessary? What is the file it is looking for? THe whole error message is extremely helpful as is what happened just prior to the error starting.