Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cant get command line to bottom of page  (Read 4212 times)

michelle

cant get command line to bottom of page
« on: September 03, 2004, 06:43:01 PM »
I type medical dictation from home using MS-DOS.  The font is very small and I can't get my command line to go to the bottom of the page - it stops halfway down the page!  I can hardly see what I am typing.  Please help! ???

johnwill

Re: cant get command line to bottom of page
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 07:07:11 PM »
It sounds like the application works in 25 line mode, and you have a 50 line DOS window.

Of course, that's only a guess, based on very limited information...

michelle

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 12:53:14 PM »
johnwill, thanks a lot for your reply.  However, i have no idea on how to change the line mode.  i wish i could give u more information to help u help me.  maybe changing this mode would help though, if i can do that.  let me know how.  

Getting closer to a solution,
michelle

michelle

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 01:10:59 PM »
johnwill, i meant to tell u this...... when i say command line, i mean at the bottom of the page where u have these things - column number, page number, which mode ur typing in, and the user name. that's what is in the middle of my page.  (i didnt know if i explained that to u correctly.)  the company i work for has a program set up for us to type and at the top of the page there is a prompt for us to enter patient's name, medical record number, etc.  (these are all entered by keying in information and typing F9 and is automatically entered for u.)  it appeared the font was smaller than it should be so i went to microsoft.com and tried to change the font size as it explained to me, but that didn't work either, neither did a google search i did.   my supervisor says she doesn't know how to fix it, but i don't believe her.  she's been in this business for over ten years.  the company hasnt been doing good so i think she  has gotten to the point where she doesnt care if we work or not.  however, im still trying - this is my only way of living.  thanks again for trying to help me.  

Michelle

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 01:36:59 PM »
does this happen in full screen mode?

johnwill

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 03:15:52 PM »
I think I'm beginning to understand.  I'm guessing your monitor may have died, or is in the process.  Smaller fonts and the bottom of the screen in the middle doesn't sound good.   Since it's not DOS itself, if it's not a hardware failure, it's something about the specific application.