Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: clear up printer port  (Read 3073 times)

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    clear up printer port
    « on: June 21, 2006, 05:12:28 PM »
    Hi,

I have this problem here. I have a printer, Fuji Xerox that is connected to the network via IP address. To be able to access to the printer, one has to install the driver on each computer. My problem is that i deleted the printer by going to Start -> printers and faxes -> delete the printer from there. However, when i came back to re-install the printer by putting in the same IP address again. it said that the port has already existed. use a different one.

How do i clear up the port in windows XP? coz that printer has got a static IP address and i want to be able to reconnect to it. This morning, i thought if i repaired the windows, it'd solve the problem but i was wrong. It still doesn't help at all.

Thank you in advance

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: clear up printer port
    « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 01:58:47 AM »
    Do you have any printers connected to this workstation locally?  By parallel or USB?

Do you have the original Fuji installation CD?

If you go to Start-->Control Panel-->And and remove programs, are there any Fuji programs listed there?  You may need to remove them before you do the reinstallation.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos