Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: abm  (Read 1970 times)

o-blazon

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • keep the R U L E going, rule 3:36
    abm
    « on: June 21, 2006, 04:09:03 AM »
    i cant find a way to prevent internet tracking and if there is another way of preventing my IP address from being known to outsiders, i need to know it.
    what can i use to protect the integrity of my mailling address?
    i had a chat with some friends and they told me the best way is "HACKING"!
     if "YES", who can teach me?
                                      and if "NO", squach it!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: abm
    « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:02:23 AM »
    Your friends are encouraging you to learn to hack, in order to prevent your computer from being attacked?! I don't think so! First, we will NOT teach you how to hack. Second, go buy good antivirus, antispyware, and a decent firewall, and you're pretty safe.

Flame

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 02:25:57 PM »
    This person asked for a virus or something once too!
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1143456425/0#0

Your current IP address should be masked, so only your ISP knows who you are. But people can still track your aprox location, and could send stuff to your computer if they knew how.

There are programs that you can use to make it so that your current IP address is never shown to anyone.
    You can contact your ISP to get a new IP address.

But really, you shouldn't really worry about it unless someone is already sending you annoying stuff (like messages) to your computer through your IP address.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? That would help us answer your question.

(but we wont help you with the hacking part)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 12:00:02 PM »
    "Hacking" used to mean nothing more than elite/guru programming, "cracking" being the term reserved for illegal computer-related activity.  So, to learn to hack simply enrol on a programming course.  Knowledge of C would be considered essential.  Assembly language a bonus.  Machine code knowledge would make you an uber elite geek to be worshipped and adored...

If you wish to conect to the internet you need an IP address, period.  To make it harder to link YOU to a particular IP address, you can use an anonymising proxy, but I guarantee you won't like the speed of that kind of surfing.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos