Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bios Won't Load  (Read 9600 times)

Chuck

Bios Won't Load
« on: August 31, 2004, 12:34:02 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Please help.

I've was having a lot of problems with windows.  At first I thought it was just all the viruses, but after I had them all eraticated I was still having problems.  I reformated my hd and then tried to reload windows.  I kept getting the error message "IRQL Less or Not Equal" and the message suggested disabling items in Bios.  After many tries loading windows without success (by the way - sometimes it wouldn't copy all the files correctly) I tried disabling items in bios and then kept retrying to load windows.  The last time I went into bios and disbled everthing I thought was not neccessary, and when I tried to reboot bios wouldn't load.   I don't get anything on the monitor, and I don't hear it searching for a drive like it normally does, and it won't even let me go back in and reset the bios.  I tried clearing cmos in accordance with the instructions in my motherboard book, but it didn't make any difference; still acts the same.  Evidently I disabled too many things and the bios is wacked now.  It's an Asus board and Celleron processor.  

Any suggestions (besides buying a new mother board that is - lol)????

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Bios Won't Load
    « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 12:47:59 AM »
    Chuck.....Can you get into the bios .....? If you can use the default settings.....that should get you back up .
    Im thinking you should probably do another format and then a clean install. By the way which operating system are you trying to load. **** if you cant get into the bios....try removing the battery for a few minutes and then put it back in and try to reboot into bios .
    If that works use a win98 boot disk to rmove the partitions and then format .

let us know
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 05:15:19 AM »
    If you reset the BIOS, it should set all settings to default, thus you can not have too many options changed without being able to reset it.

What kind of instructions did your mainboard manual give you?

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 01:17:07 PM »
    IRQL Less or Not Equal  this message can be caused by having easy cd creater installed....take the bios battery out for five minutes and replace it....what message did you get when installing besides irq_l? and if you need boot disk for winxp>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q310994   also is this an upgrade disk..
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 01:24:42 PM by merlin_2 »

cannibal

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 04:06:41 PM »
    1. The clearing of CMOS was unsuccessfull
    2. Check if other devices on your computer strongly fits in their sockets.

Mac

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 10:36:20 AM »
    How old is your computer? Did you put a new CMOS battery in?