Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installing 2000 over xp  (Read 2423 times)

woahthere

Installing 2000 over xp
« on: June 22, 2006, 08:49:55 AM »
my comp has had a problem when i installed nortan go back, when i turn my comp it does the intel logo, and the white text, then it goes to a nortan goback screen asking me to press space bar to repair boot errors, i press it but it reboots and does the same thing. i tryed to boot in safe mood but it wont work. so iv been trying to install 2000 to see if that will sort it, but it doesent boot up, i tryed to use xp boot disk but it say my cd drive isnt conected when they have loaded, any ideas with whats up?

GX1_Man

Re: Installing 2000 over xp
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 05:08:15 PM »
After you back up your data files, you should format the drive BEFORE attempting to install any Windows, especially an older version over a newer one. Does the computer work at all? What problems prompted you to try this?

THere are ways to save your data without Windows. If interested, post computer specs so we can advise.

woahthere

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 05:18:07 PM »
never mind fixed now, hdd was set as slave for some reason? stupid SATA

elyecem

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 08:30:31 PM »
I have an outgoing email with a Publisher document attached stuck in my Outbox.  Messages will not send or receive.  Message says MAPI has already started spooling.  I've tried turning off MAPI processes, uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2000, the message has been stuck there stalling my Outlook for 2 days.  Any advice?

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 08:55:21 PM »
You really need to post this as a new topic instead of hijacking this thread. You are new, and obviously posted in the wrong manner.  ;)