Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD Decoder Software Corrupt  (Read 2743 times)

phoenix_rising753

Topic Starter

Rookie
    DVD Decoder Software Corrupt
    « on: June 23, 2006, 09:16:19 PM »
    I've been trying to play a DVD on my laptop recently and I always get an error no matter what software I use. I tried Real Player 10 today and I got this error: "Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed" On their website it says that the error means my decoder software is corrupt. I was able to play DVD's about a week ago and then this happend. Not sure how they got corrupt but all help is appreciated.

Here are my laptop specs:

Thinkpad T30
    Win XP Pro
    1.80 GHZ
    1 GB RAM
    DVD-ROM Manufacturer: Matshita

sealbee

Re: DVD Decoder Software Corrupt
    « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 12:16:47 AM »
    What were you using before? I use Powerdvd and I can reload it if I need to. Here is what Microsoft has on their site http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/getmore/plugins.aspx
    they have decoder plugins, I don't know if this is going to help, but it's a place to start.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 05:16:19 AM »
    Can you do a system restore to a point before all of this happened?

phoenix_rising753

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 07:41:08 PM »
      My dates don't go back far enough.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 08:41:20 PM »
      Interested in uninstalling that and loading another player? You usually get a copy of one with a retail packed DVD-ROM, COMBO DRIVE, OR DVD RW.

What did that ThikPad come bundled with - WinDVD 4? I don't think you can download that for free from IBM or elsewhere. Do you have the installation disc? You may be able to contact WinDVD as a paid user, even if it was OEM.

Let me look. I may have an old one around here.
      « Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:41:49 PM by GX1_Man »