Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Save As Web Page Complete - option gone?  (Read 4065 times)

mtnative7

Save As Web Page Complete - option gone?
« on: September 03, 2004, 12:57:59 PM »
Last week while browsing a site I selected the File / Save As to download a web page. Then, there were 4 options on the Save As menu: Save As Web Page Complete, HTML file, TXT file and Archive File.

This week when I went to File  / Save As there are only 2 options on the Save As menu: HTML file and TXT file. The other 2 options seem to have vanished!

I tried reinstalling IE 6 but this did not restore these 2 menu options. I checked my Registry settings and based on the absense of a restriction key these 2 menu options should be enabled?

Is anyone familiar with this particular phenomenon? ???

merlin_2

Re: Save As Web Page Complete - option gone?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 01:17:09 PM »

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 03:13:46 PM »
Did you perhaps remove any add ons and/or programs that added the last two options?

Did you see if the pages you saved earlier show the same symptons when attempting to save?

mtnative7

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 07:10:21 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions folks. Unfortunately, the problem is still not resolved.

I don't know what the heck caused this to happen. I think I may have recieved a hack from a web site I visited. I may just reformat and reinstall the operating system to clean up the pc, then install a RegKey and download monitor and visit the web again to see if the site sends any modifications to my pc.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 10:45:02 PM »
Install a virus scanner, firewall and an Adware scanner.

And use Mozilla Firefox. Much better browser than Internet Explorer.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 10:45:22 PM by Raptor »