Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Card  (Read 3687 times)

hasssal21

Video Card
« on: July 08, 2006, 04:24:04 PM »
I have a hp a1310y computer I can't upgrade my video card because I cant find a compatible one that works for my game Battlefield 2 and is compatible with my computer  what should i do??????????????? Help

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: Video Card
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »
    What's wrong with your current card? You may not need a new one.
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 08:27:45 PM »
    And what are the incompatibilities?

hasssal21

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 08:38:46 PM »
    The Graphics are integrated and when i open the game it goes to a full black screen and crashes back to the desktop. When i looked for the support on the website it listed the video card requirements and i dont have a strong video card what should i do?

homer

Expert
      « Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 10:24:19 PM »
      umm go buy i video card? that may solve the situation.

BTW u didnt answer GX1_Mans question, what are the incompatiblites??
      « Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 10:25:16 PM by homer »

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 10:26:17 PM »
      An integrated video soltion is seldom adequate for any but the more rudimentary games, none of the hot titles.

The expansion you have depends on the motherboard and power supply.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1817038&dlc=en&docname=c00361570

That is your machine. Besides integrated graphics it has no AGP and certainly no PCIe slots, so all you are left with only standard PCI. You will find little joy in that, but if you DO manage to find some card that meets the game requirements in standard PCI, then you will have to make sure that the power supply can handle it. That one has only a 300w PSU. It may be able to take a larger one if it is not proprietary, but you would have to check with HP on that.

In short, that machine will do what it was intended to do which is word processing, e-mail and internet with no problems. It is not a gaming rig and will not ever be one. Sorry.
      « Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 10:27:01 PM by GX1_Man »