Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: launching new excel  (Read 2106 times)

adaniele

launching new excel
« on: June 29, 2006, 09:49:48 PM »
hi guys, sorry if i make something wrong. this is my first time here.

I created a batch file which copys a file from one location to another and then launch ms-excel.
it does work, but not properly. The problem is that when excel is launched , instead of opening a new blank workbook with 3 blank sheets (as std) , it opens a new workbook, with one sheet called as the batch file and shows the content of the batch file.

Code: [Select]
echo off copy *.xls d:\ start "c:\....\excel.exe"
could you hlp me , pls?

by the way,  the OS is Win 2000, and excell 2003.

thx, max.

adaniele

Re: launching new excel
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 11:04:38 PM »
hi guys, sorry if i make something wrong. this is my first time here.

I created a batch file which copys a file from one location to another and then launch ms-excel.
it does work, but not properly. The problem is that when excel is launched , instead of opening a new blank workbook with 3 blank sheets (as std) , it opens a new workbook, with one sheet called as the batch file and shows the content of the batch file.

Code: [Select]
echo off copy *.xls d:\ start "c:\....\excel.exe"
could you hlp me , pls?

by the way,  the OS is Win 2000, and excell 2003.

thx, max.

this is the way i solved the problem.
as i read in the xls help.  excel opens a new blank workbook from c:\program fils\microsoft\....\xlstart  directory.
my batch file was in the same directory. So, i put the batch file in the previous directory (excel).
and MAGIC.......
thx, to all of u . max.