Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MOBO replaced  (Read 2391 times)

cojack

Topic Starter

Beginner
    MOBO replaced
    « on: June 27, 2006, 04:42:54 PM »
    I replaced my MOBO with a EMachines OEM MOBO for my t2885 PC. D845gvsr seabreeze. When I go through the boot from cd procedure, it says no fixed disk detected. BIOS doesn't show a hd? It's set on both. I checked all cables and made the hd the master but it isn't detected. Any help is welcome.

I didn't get any paper or cd with the MOBO. Was I supposed to get a installation disk with the MOBO?
    Cojack

GX1_Man

Re: MOBO replaced
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 05:07:04 PM »
    Usually all the installation disk has is the motherboard drivers and maybe chipset drivers. These can be downloaded from the manufacturer's site. (I guess eMachine if it is THAT OEM.)

cojack

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 07:19:06 PM »
      How would I add drivers to a nonfuntioning computer? Could this be causing the MOBO not to auto detect the HD?
      Cojack

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 07:25:42 PM »
      Are the data AND power cables plugged in properly? Did you jumper the drives correctly?  Just try one drive until you get this resolved. Are these SATA drives?                                        

cojack

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 08:15:03 PM »
        I only have one HD and it is jumpered as the master. I checked/reseated the cables. Not sure what you mean by SATA drives. This is a standard IDE drive. Seagate. The HD is good since I just backed up all the data using a USB HD Box on my other computer.
        Cojack

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 08:19:59 PM »
           cojack... Several questions ........
          1st ....is the mobo an exact replacement or something differant ?
          1a .... did the new mobo come with a installation cd ?

2nd ... the hard drive your using , does it have an operating system on it ?

dl65  ::)
          If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 08:28:07 PM »
          dl, I think he got that mobo thinking it was exactly the same as his previous one.

cojack

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 05:53:41 AM »
            Its a EMachines OEM D845GVSR Intel Seabreeze MOBO.  The same that I replaced. No Installation disk. My hard drive has a OS on it, Windows XP Home. I've been working with EMachine support also and they said the installation disk was not needed. This is how they told me to add the MOBO:

Put the disk 1 of 3 restore disk into the cd drive, Boot computer, At startup menu select "Boot to Command Prompt", at command prompt (A:\)?? type FDISK, Enable Large Disk Support (Y), Delete partition or Local DOS Drive (Y).

That's when all *censored* broke loose! Whenever I go farther it tells me Unable to access disk drive 1 and BIOS shows no HD detected.
            Cojack

Damnation

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 06:13:12 AM »
            That motherboard doesn't have SATA, so it's an IDE hard drive.

The scenario, I'm guessing. You have the one IDE ribbon connected to the motherboard. Now there's two spaces left. The HD is connected on the last one. There is no other drives connected to that cable. The HD is set to master. I think it is the first two pins next to the place where you plug in the IDE ribbon. The jumper is plugged in vertically. If there is no jumper in, the drive should be slave. You could also maybe try cable select. The molex power connector is also in the drive. Does the drive go on with the pc, does it spin up? Is you're bios set to auto detect?

Dead_reckon

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 01:13:43 PM »
            why is it that i keep seeing a ton of posts with problems with emachines...? there like the plauge...