Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Randomly Restarts, and then Error Message  (Read 2942 times)

sailorprinzess

Computer Randomly Restarts, and then Error Message
« on: June 29, 2006, 02:48:12 AM »
I've had my computer, it's an E-Machine, for about 2 years now, and it has been working fine. However until recently, it's been randomly restarting and when it comes back on, I get an error message: "Your computer has just recovered from a serious error."

I ran the AVG anti-virus software I have, but keep getting the message that there are no viruses.

So when the computer restarted again, I clicked on the more information button and got this:

BCCode : 1000000a     BCP1 : 760C7D3B     BCP2 : 00000002     BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804EB3EB     OSVer : 5_1_2600     SP : 2_0     Product : 768_1    

C:\DOCUME~1\Mother\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa103.dir00\Mini062906-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Mother\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa103.dir00\sysdata.xml

Could someone please explain this to me and how could I fix it?

Could it be because I only have 10 gigs of space left? Or that I just downloaded the Service Pack 2, even though it doesn't seem like it changed anything?

I would really appreciate it, since I don't want to take my computer to the graveyard, nor do I want to lose everything on it.

And I don't have my Windows XP reboot disc...  :-[

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 02:56:18 AM by sailorprinzess »

Damnation

Re: Computer Randomly Restarts, and then Error Mes
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 03:03:17 AM »
Did you start getting these problems after you installed Service Pack 2?

sailorprinzess

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 03:07:10 AM »
Every now and then, but it's been happening a lot more after I installed it.

Damnation

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 03:40:18 AM »
The specs of your computer?

What software do you have installed, anything that you might suspect of causing this?

After you did what, did this start to happen? Or was this going on from the beginning?

If possible, open your case and check if the capasitors on your motherboard is in working condition. It's the little round cylinders all over your board. If you have an power supply that is vertically placed in your case with the motherboard underneath it, try to see under the power supply as well.

If it looks like something is coming out of the caps, like a sort of a hardened liquid, you'll know that the problem is the motherboard.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 04:22:00 AM »
Have a read here:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149804407

You can set windows to create an error file rather than restart for analysis of the problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=308427

Are you able to run in safe mode OK?