Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: upgrading my cheap laptop  (Read 2487 times)

chudney

upgrading my cheap laptop
« on: June 29, 2006, 10:49:43 AM »
guys any advise for upgrading my laptop? ii dont have the motherboard manual here> need help?

ECS G320 model
C3 Nehemiah 1.20 ghz
256 ram
60 gG hard drive
i dont know the video card maybe 64 or 32?

the problem is iwanna make sure what hardware could be upgraded......

how about the video card can i upgrade it to 128 or 256

tnx......

SilentAssasin64

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: upgrading my cheap laptop
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 10:52:48 AM »
The best upgrade I think you could do would be to get more RAM.  512MB is becoming the minimum amount these days.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 10:56:07 AM by SilentAssasin64 »
Back In The Game

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 11:19:42 AM »
You could also replace the hard drive with a larger one if necessary.  But, forget the video card idea; can't do that with laptops.  You can probably specifiy different amounts of RAM to be allocated to the video function by accessing the BIOS, but you can not install a video card.  With old laptop I have, I believe 32MB is the max for video memory.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 01:49:18 PM »
That is a Via processor roughly equivalent to a PIII-500 so don't expect any more than that. That is about as maxed out as it will get, especially in a laptop, except possibly more RAM, depending on the current configuration.

Dead_reckon

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 09:08:55 PM »
technollogy is outdatting its self too quickly

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 12:58:33 AM »
    Upgrading a laptop isnt usually a good idea. Upgrading a PC is far less expensive and gets u far more perforamace.
    There is pretty much no way to play new games on a laptop unless u wish to spend over 2000$.
    That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

Dead_reckon

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 11:45:03 AM »
    Upgrading a laptop isnt usually a good idea. Upgrading a PC is far less expensive and gets u far more perforamace.
    There is pretty much no way to play new games on a laptop unless u wish to spend over 2000$.

yeah, it would amount to about that, the only thing i would use a lappy for is for old games when i had to go somewhere, and mobile internet (via insecure wireless), and my music and movies