Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Games Crashes  (Read 2443 times)

Noobone

Games Crashes
« on: June 24, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »
Hi,

My Video Card is Radeon 9600 and i bought it for about 3 years. Now when i play games where it takes more out of the PC the game will crash. I mean, the screen suddenly turns black and lose the signal. Sound is still there and screen is away and i cant press anything. Also the computer stays on... The only way it reset.

what kind of games? games like: Rome: Total War and Now: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II. I am suspecting that it is because of the video card. But i'm not sure of it. Can anyone help me out of this?

btw: This only happens when there are many troops on the field... never in the beginning and never with First Person Shooters..

thanks in advance
~Noobone

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Games Crashes
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 01:13:52 PM »
Game settings might be off for the type of monitor. Try a different monitor, and change the resolution in the game, not your computer.

It could also be compatibility issues.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 02:17:53 PM »
What about some details about the machine and especially the power supply? What about temps and ventilation? Does this only happen with gaming?

Noobone

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 05:41:33 AM »
Well, i think i have a good monitor. And my resolution i use in game is like 1024 x something... forgot ^^ I already lowered the grahpics settings to Medium instead of High. And it still happens, ONLY IN GAMES. Two games so far: Rome total war and BFME2. Both Real Time Strategy games. (sorry for my english)

about
i dont know what you mean with that, because of my english sorry...

also what GX1_MAN said... what do you mean?

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 10:03:09 PM »

Do you know if the game should be able to run on your computer or not? Do you have enough RAM, CPU Power, right Operating System, and right video card?

Noobone

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 07:50:27 AM »

Do you know if the game should be able to run on your computer or not? Do you have enough RAM, CPU Power, right Operating System, and right video card?

Yes, look here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bonus/a/register/t/analysis.tmpl Everything passes...

Noobone

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »
sorry for double post, but can anyone plz help me out? I dont know what to do...

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 05:45:14 PM »
We can't help you with your English, so read this:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149804407

Have someone else tranlate it for you if necessary.

Noobone

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 03:17:17 AM »
We can't help you with your English, so read this:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149804407

Have someone else tranlate it for you if necessary.

what english... I just need suggestion or help, what do i have to do to prevent this? what is the problem of my PC. Vid card? or Screen? or w/e..

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 06:11:18 AM »
Did you read the link? If so, please address each of those issues. We cannot see your machine from here, and YOU have to provide the details.