Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System Speakers??  (Read 2998 times)

racerchick08

System Speakers??
« on: July 02, 2006, 06:40:08 PM »
When I go through my device manager-->System Devices-->System speaker, it says that 'no drivers are installed for this device.' There's supposed to be drivers right? I've looked at Microsoft.com and i haven't been able to find any.Where,if available,can i find them online?? I'm running windows xp on a gateway. Thanks for any help!

~misty

GX1_Man

Re: System Speakers??
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 06:46:52 PM »
Do your speakers not work?

racerchick08

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 06:48:21 PM »
Do your speakers not work?

nope my speakers don't work

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 06:52:51 PM »
Are they plugged in correctly? Is the sound muted? Did they ever work? If so, then what preceeded the problem?

racerchick08

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 06:56:28 PM »
Are they plugged in correctly? Is the sound muted? Did they ever work? If so, then what preceeded the problem?

I've made sure that everything is plugged in,all the sound volumes are turned up to the max. I just upgraded to xp about a month ago and ever since,they haven't worked. could it possibly be my sound card?

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 06:58:43 PM »
It probably is that you need to install sound drivers. Have you checked the Gateway site? Do any sound devices show in Device Manager?

racerchick08

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 07:07:12 PM »
It probably is that you need to install sound drivers. Have you checked the Gateway site? Do any sound devices show in Device Manager?

i downloaded creative soundblaster live so i have those drivers except the Soundblaster 16 or AWE32 or compatible (WDM) isn't working(Code 10) What should i check gateway for?

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 07:11:41 PM »
Is that the soundcard that you truly have in there? When you installed XP did you format the drive and start fresh, or just over the top of a previous installation? A SB Live has different drivers than a 16 or AWE card.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 07:12:49 PM by GX1_Man »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 10:09:59 PM »
What's your answer to GX1_Man's question: Do any sound devices show in Device Manager?

Might be less hassle just to get another sound card.