Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: uninstalling windows 98  (Read 11258 times)

Dead_reckon

Re: uninstalling windows 98
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 06:32:25 PM »
norton makes my computer act possesed... oh, and for the record, the guy who program norton anti virus use to work for the microsoft company, he broke off, dont know why, and created norton, hence the fact that it is some times too good...

GX1_Man

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 06:38:58 PM »
Dead_reckon,

I do not know where you get all of this misinformation. Here is some detailed info about Peter Norton and his original software.

http://www.softpanorama.org/OFM/Paradigm/Ch03/norton_commander.shtml

I don't see anything about him EVER working for Microsoft, but maybe you have a much better source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Norton

Norton products have been owned by Symantec for years and have steadily gone downhill in my book. He wrote or co-wrote many books and his company had many software products. Unfortunately he didn't write them all.

comp_genius

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2006, 04:28:00 AM »
hey, gx1_man and soybean(dat link was cool n useful)  thanks for the advices and help...

i just noticed something, since i have turned on the windows firewall, my yahoo messenger is not connecting...
i even checked the firewall settings and included yahoo under exceptions, but it still is not connecting..WHATs THE WAY OUT?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2006, 06:04:43 AM »
You might install a different firewall, such as ZoneAlarm, and see how that works for you.  Do not run two firewalls simultaneously.  
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 06:05:09 AM by soybean »