Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: automatic opening of programs pc 2000 xp  (Read 2926 times)

seamonkey

automatic opening of programs pc 2000 xp
« on: June 29, 2006, 09:46:43 PM »
Hi - my first post so here goes...am helping a blind and physically disabled (cannot move fingers)friend learn to use a  computer ( pc 2000 xp) with follwing software: dragon 8 preferred, claroread plus 2.5 , windows explorer, outlook and Qulacom purevioce- I want to know if we can set up the computer so that once he has turned it on, the dragon software will automatically start- he needs to use mainly vioce commands to navigate  but because of limited finger/hand use ( He can only press one key at a time) , it will be helpful if the voice command software was up and running once the computer has finished booting up - hope this makes sense- Am not sure if this requires a macro  or I need to do something else in the start up ???
many thanks for your advice
seamonkey

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: automatic opening of programs pc 2000 xp
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 03:46:57 AM »
Can you just put a link to the software in the Startup folder?  Start-->Programs-->Startup.  That should be all you need to do.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

seamonkey

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:57:54 PM »
Thankyou Robpemory- so simple - - it worked like magic. ;D..Phew..Got dragon under control ... now just trying to get claroread to behave grrrr back to the manufacturer..

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 03:23:16 AM »
Great!
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos