Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: iomega cd-rw on 98  (Read 2434 times)

scott_morton70

iomega cd-rw on 98
« on: July 06, 2006, 11:19:13 AM »
i cannot get my computer to "see" my drive.  i installed the oem software for it and nothing, i also tried manually installing the ppa3.inf files and it would only install guest.inf  i need to get it installed to burn a disk for my system.  can anyone out there help or give any advice?

GX1_Man

Re: iomega cd-rw on 98
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 03:23:16 PM »
What is the model for the drive? Is it jumpered correctly? Is it seen correctly in the computer BIOS? Is it seen correctly in Window? Have you installed the burning software that  came with the drive, or what are you using?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 03:23:54 PM by GX1_Man »

scott_morton70

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 03:06:58 PM »
i have installed it using the iomega cd-rom and the computer isn't seeing it.  it's a usb drive and i'm getting these errors:

in device manager,  "iomega win98 usb disk controllers" has an exclamation  mark next to it.  so does "pci serial controller"

i have also tried installing the ppa3.inf file and it didn't work either.  

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 03:21:37 PM »
i have installed it using the iomega cd-rom and the computer isn't seeing it.  it's a usb drive and i'm getting these errors:

in device manager,  "iomega win98 usb disk controllers" has an exclamation  mark next to it.  so does "pci serial controller"

The serial controller is a modem. I would remove it physically IF you are not using it until we get this resolved. Delete the device and the iomega drive in Device Manager and reboot. When you restart does this change anything?

i have also tried installing the ppa3.inf file and it didn't work either.  

Not surprising. That should not work anyway.

jsny

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 01:48:31 PM »
okay, i did all that, and nothing still.  i'm getting frustrated.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 05:13:04 PM »
Do other USB items function normally? Is it basic USB 1.1 from the motherboard or an add on card? Are there any caveats from the IOMEGA site regarding USB 1.1 systems if that is what it is? Have you contacted them? Is it a new drive? Can you test it on another machine?