Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NEED SERIOUS HELP!! Links not working??  (Read 5824 times)

Logan Wall

NEED SERIOUS HELP!! Links not working??
« on: September 05, 2004, 10:42:14 PM »
Is there anyone who can help? My internet explorer works for the most part but there are certain times when i click on links and nothing happens, and then i right click and click open in new window and it can never find the page. One thing i've noticed about all the links that don't work is that when i have the mouse over the link, in the bottom left in the status bar it always says something about Java Script?? I have no idea what this is i'm not overly good with computers. Please help this has created a big problem for me.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP!! Links not working??
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 12:16:22 AM »
    Logan Wall....You didnt say what operating system you have and if this is something that just started or if you have recently downloaded and windows updates.
    You may just need java installed on you pc .....So go to
    http://www.sun.com/ ...... theres a banner in the lower right corner which say Java technology  .......get it free .....click on this banner to D/l and install java ........and then try your browser again.

let us know

dl65 ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP!! Links not working??
    « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 05:56:18 AM »
    If doing as DL65 suggested does not work

Scan for spyware, viruses and trojans. And reset your Internet Explorer settings to default.

Or use an entirely different browser;

Firefox - Rediscover the web