Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Card thing : /  (Read 3522 times)

Feep

Video Card thing : /
« on: July 10, 2006, 02:14:54 PM »
Alright i'm not computer savy, that is why im here.  I have a gateway with an intel 82845G/gl/ge/pe/gv and I have a problem.  I updated the drivers, I think, and checked the game compatibility list and it says games like Americas Army, Call of Duty, etc. should works, but all of the times I have tried them they are all cruddy looking and very choppy.  What is wrong?? :-/

Feep

Re: Video Card thing : /
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 03:29:46 PM »
Well, I have tried America's Army and it looks like it almost runs.  I am wondering if it is just a problem with its Frame rate?  It runs choppily.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 05:48:01 PM »
It says it should work with an onboard video card? Amazing.

How much RAM in the machine? That can cause hiccups as well, but I would look hard at the system requirements:

The minimum system requirements for the game are:
[highlight]3-D graphics card with 64 MB memory and support for hardware transformation and lighting [/highlight]
1.5 GHz processor or equivalent

English version of Windows(r) 2000/XP Operating System with all updates
384MB RAM

2.00GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files

4X CD-ROM (not required for downloaded installation)

Windows 2000/XP compatible system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for CD-ROM drive, video card, sound card, mouse and keyboard)

DirectX(r) 9.0

100% Compatible DirectX 9.0 soundcard

56kbps Modem or other network connection *Nvidia® nForce™ or other motherboard/soundcards containing Dolby Digital® Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital® audio.

(Last Updated: 2006-02-09)

Please keep in mind these are MINIMUM requirements. Recommended Requirements are:

[highlight]3-D graphics card with 128 MB memory and support for hardware transformation and lighting (256 MB video memory for higher detail display)[/highlight]
2.4 GHz processor or equivalent
English version of Windows(r) 2000/XP Operating System with latest updates

512 MB RAM

2.00GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files

4X CD-ROM (not required for downloaded installations)

Windows 2000/XP compatible system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for CD-ROM drive, video card, sound card, mouse and keyboard)
DirectX(r)9.0

100% Compatible DirectX 9.0 soundcard

Broadband Network Connection

NVIDIA(r) nForce(tm) or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby(r) Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio
(Last Updated: 2006-02-09)

Also here is some generic info for you:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149804854
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:13:39 PM by GX1_Man »

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 07:34:23 AM »
    I Play Americas Army, and i can tell you it will barley run on a Geforce 4200TI , and its not much Better on a Geforce 5600 Ultra

the Game is High Spec, and it wont run on an Intel Extreme GFX chip, i now Have a  Geforce 7950GX2 and i haven't Tyred it yet , i expect it will run smooth for the First time ever ^.^
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice