Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NORTON gHOST 2003  (Read 2543 times)

walter

NORTON gHOST 2003
« on: July 13, 2006, 08:45:01 AM »
i have tried several times to install norton ghost 2003 on my computer which is running xp home. each time i attempt i get the same error message.'error 1305 reading from file C:program files, symantec\ nortonghost 2003 \tutorials\fw1394exe verify that the files exist and that you can access it'. the file does exist but i cannot access it because something else is using it. i presume that this is the installer. i have tried turning off automatic update on norton anti virus but that made no difference. i have tried the symantec recommended alternative which is to install it onto the hard drive. this entails creating a new folder on the desktop and type Sym Files on it but when i try this i am told that access is denied and i cannot create a new folder. i would be glad of any new practical way that i can install this troublesome program. walter.

LegoLas

Beginner

Re: NORTON gHOST 2003
    « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 06:03:19 AM »
    Onec i needed to create a partition, so i asked in forums the way i could make it.
    well, most of the users recommend to use Ghost software.
    i bought it. i heardly install it it took my a whole day.
    Then probably for a 2month it was ok, i was resizing partitions several times.
    onec i desided to split external disk. ghost failed to complite that and after just failed out.
    i've tried to find out reasons,even called to support team, but without any succes.
    Since i'm using Disk Director (someone in chat recommend). it was much easier to install to it's cheaper.
    so far no reasons to complain. **** ghost, use ADDS   
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/

GX1_Man

Re: NORTON gHOST 2003
    « Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 08:35:23 AM »
    Acronis True Image can usually be had for < $30 from newegg.com and it is wonderful for an imaging tool. Easy and intuitive but very powerful. I have had no problems at all with it.