Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Explorer crashes when I open pdf files  (Read 4236 times)

sirdaan

Explorer crashes when I open pdf files
« on: July 11, 2006, 07:26:53 PM »
Hi guys,
whenever I attempt to open a pdf file my internet explorer just crashes.  Can anyone PLEASE help me?
Cheers
Dan

GX1_Man

Re: Explorer crashes when I open pdf files
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 07:38:07 PM »
And do  you have Acrobat Reader or some other software to open it correctly loaded? What veresion of IE? has it ever worked correctly? If so what happened? etc.?

A little thin on the details there.  ;)

sirdaan

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 07:51:42 PM »
Ok, well the whole story goes like this... :D

I purchased my computer in November of last year and had major hassles with it since...and most recently just had one of its hard drives replaced as it was faulty.  
Since then I have had to reinstall almost everything I had previously.  Therefore, I am pretty sure I have reinstalled acrobat correctly...the up to date one (version 7) however when I was trying to re-install my internet connection it kept saying i had to restart for install of acrobat to be completed correctly....so i restarted my computer but kept getting the same message.
Previous to having my hard draft changed over i was opening pdf's without a hassle.
I have Internet explorer 6

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 07:57:19 PM »
Yes, the whole story is always important for resolving problems.  ;)

Do you have Acrobat listed in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel? If so, try removing it and then reinstalling after a reboot.

You may also be interested in Foxit Reader. It is small, fast, easy on resources and free.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 07:58:21 PM by GX1_Man »

sirdaan

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 08:21:22 PM »
thanks for that...have installed foxit and everything is working sweetly again :)

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 08:42:59 PM »
Glad you are all fixed up. Foxit is good stuf!  ;)