Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 USb ports  dont fuction  (Read 2192 times)

tnyamutenha

2 USb ports  dont fuction
« on: July 17, 2006, 06:01:13 AM »
 Hello. I recently bought a new Pent 4 machine with 4 USB Ports, 2 at the back and 2 just infron of the  computer.(CPU).

What woories me is that , the  2 behind the computer are  functional  whist the otherr 2 in front  are not.
After opening my case i discovered that some cables from those 2 ports are loose, but my problem is how and where to plug them

thank you. :( :(

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: 2 USb ports  dont fuction
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 06:36:46 AM »
    there should be sets of (9 or 7.. im not sure) upright pins on your mobo that they attach too. i attached mine wrong and none of my front ports work either..

so make sure you read your mobo manual, to fine which are the right pins, also it should be written next to the pins what there for
    « Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 06:37:47 AM by panboy »
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:05:52 AM »
    panboy, does anyone actually get a mobo manual with a new computer, especially if it's a major brand?  As far as I know, they do not.

tnyamutenha, if you do not have a mobo manual, but you know the brand and model of your mobo, visit the manufacturer's website and look for a downloadable manual or online info about such details for your mobo.

If you don't know the brand and model of your mobo, download Belarc Advisor and run to get a report on your system.

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
      « Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »
      I Wouldn't be Very Happy if i got no manuals with my hardware, Regardless of source, all the Dell's Ive Ever used Came with Manuals on the Computer, that covered all the Hardware. Maybe Dell Europe is Different than Dell US.
      Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 10:31:41 AM »
      I buy a lot of Dells, and I can confidently say that not one of them has ever come with a manual for the motherboard...
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 03:51:51 PM »
      And all manuals are available online and easy to find!  ;)