Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I get Virus Alert - maybe Spyquake installed?  (Read 4175 times)

wonderer

I get Virus Alert - maybe Spyquake installed?
« on: July 19, 2006, 08:42:25 AM »
Re: I have Windows 98, Norton AV program, Zonealarm, (free verson)  Adaware, Search and Destroy and Hijackthis

All of a sudde my taskbar has been switched to the top.  In the taskbar, I have  this green circle with a ? in it and then it changes to red with a diagonal line thru it yellow triangle with an ! in it and it continues to blinks and then an irritating yellow box pops up with System Alert: Adware and Spyware and to run a spyware scan to find out the reason, etc. , a red and gray box keeps popping up saying my computer is infected.  Critical System Error,  that detected a virus.   When I click on the icon, it runs a scan and says I have 48 high level risks, etc. and to click here to purchase Spywarequake or something.
 I have run Adaware, Search and Destroy. "Windows Security Center" detected active threats on PC, Security software unable to delete  To clean and block all adware/spyware, you need to download and install one of the certified intrusion detection systems: System Doctor, Ad Protect, Virus Blast.  
    After I run Adaware and clear things out, Search and Destroy says its clean.  But obviously it's not.  Someone  said I have Spyquake ???

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: I get Virus Alert - maybe Spyquake installed?
    « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 09:21:08 AM »
    Have a look at the Instant Update Reminder Topic , i think you might have a similar Problem
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice