Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: unwanted radio station  (Read 2535 times)

arkink

unwanted radio station
« on: July 23, 2006, 12:22:34 PM »
I have an internet radio station running as soon as I turn on my computer.  I've searched programs and have run both spysubtract and registry mechanic to find and eliminate this music station.  This was to no avail.  What else can I try?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: unwanted radio station
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 12:31:32 PM »
Is this coming from a radio station website you've previously visited?

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 01:16:36 PM »
DOUBLE POST

Only one is needed to prevent confusion. Please watch for response to the other idejntical thread. Thanks.  ;)

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1153671933/0#0

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 02:12:23 PM »
Try disabling your active desktop... you could have a desktop item running that is playing this station...

Right click on the desktop, click properties, then click Web, then disable the active desktop... This only works for Windows 2000, ME, 98, and 95....

It could also be a background program running.
If it is, try uninstalling it. You may see it in the system tray (where the clock is) see if any of those icons are the radio station, and then if one is, right click on it, and select EXIT or DISSABLE.

Please post more information on how this happened, we need to know more to help you anymore....