Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My cdrw/dvd drive is working properly  (Read 3738 times)

idkanything

My cdrw/dvd drive is working properly
« on: July 19, 2006, 06:02:38 PM »
Okay, I have a laptop and everytime I put in a music disc, game disc or dvd disc my cd/dvd drive shows it as being empty. Even the dvds i put in shows as empty writable cds and it gives me the option if i want to write anything on it. -_- The drive is a TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462C. I thought that i had to update the firmware but i cant really find any, any help would be great. thanks

idkanything

Re: My cdrw/dvd drive isnt working properly
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 06:04:33 PM »
XO i meant to put isnt working properly on the subject :-/   :'(

GX1_Man

Re: My cdrw/dvd drive is working properly
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 06:49:53 PM »
Did it ever work correctly? When was the last time? What has changed since then? How old is the unit? The optics can go long before the mechannics by the way. (The drawer will still open and close, but no functionality as you describe.) Are you free of malware? What are you using? What O/S?

As you see, details are needed.  ;)

idkanything

Re: My cdrw/dvd drive isnt working properly
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 08:16:13 PM »
Um, this laptop is new LOL. it didnt work from the begining i guess. its a sempron 3000. windows xp home edition. mmm malware free lol. :D

GX1_Man

Re: My cdrw/dvd drive is working properly
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 08:18:21 PM »
If it is under warranty send it back immediately to get this resolved. What brand is this?