Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Noob!  Kazaa question  (Read 2379 times)

Croaker

Noob!  Kazaa question
« on: July 24, 2006, 09:44:33 AM »
Hi all!  
I recently did an automatic upgrade of kazaa (3.2.1 or something).  When I started it up, it looked for copyrighted files to throw into the "unshared" folder.  Well, it started throwing EVERYTHING into that folder.  Games, apps, everything.  How can I reverse this?  I did a restore, but there are still a whole bunch of files that are left in the folder and all of my windows office programs won't boot up.  Is there a "hard" restore.

Thanks!

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: Noob!  Kazaa question
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 09:49:12 AM »
    Kazaa is Dead let it rot.

You are just going to have to copy all the Files to where they should have been, or just reinstall the Programs

if its putting Every thing on you Computer in the the Unshared folder that means you had your entire computer shared, that was not very smart.

99% of the files on Kazaa are Copyrighted , why would you change such a setting.

You are a sucky Pirate , To the Gallows with Ye! Yarr! We dont have a plank... it got lost
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 09:51:21 AM by panboy »
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

Croaker

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 08:12:52 PM »
    See, that's the thing, I never set it so my entire computer is shared and I didn't even get far enough into the startup to change any settings!  Only my one folder is shared, it just started pulling everything from everywhere.  How can I tell where all these files go?  There are lots of random files everywhere.  
    So there is no back up available???  :(

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 08:20:35 PM »
    Are you sure you were free of malware before all of this?  It probably doesn't matter as you are looking at a full reinstall of everything. Do you have a real Windows CD? What SP was loaded on that machine?