Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CARDreaders, MMC card, Multimedia files problem  (Read 2304 times)

sparrow

CARDreaders, MMC card, Multimedia files problem
« on: July 26, 2006, 12:43:30 PM »
hi hope you give me some opinion, I bought an mp3 player with a removable memory feature, so that i can test the device i took an old 16mb MMC card from my digital camera and replace the photo files with Mp3 files I intalled it on the Mp3 player after a couple of hours of listening i turned it of (i think) put it in the cabinet and went to sleep. the following day I again took it from the cabinet to do further test listening after a few second of play the device just freezed to a stop with power indicator light still on, no response to controls either.....I removed the MMC card from the Mp3 player and placesd it on a card reader in my PC hoping to remove what i assumed a corrupted file in the MMC card, but still I cant open it! the PC just "freezes" whenever i make an action relating to openning the MMC files......i have to remove the card to revive my pc into activity.....What could have happened?  Is the Mp3 player defective, is there a fault in my operation of the mp3 player?...can i still fix the MMC card....Im asking  this because im planning to buy a 128mb mmc card and i want to know if its wise to use it in that expandable mp3 player again.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: CARDreaders, MMC card, Multimedia files proble
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:24:44 PM »
Can you format the MMC card?  It shows up in My Computer as a Device with Removable Storage, right?  So, right click on it and select Format.  

sparrow

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 02:38:54 PM »
hi soybeans tnx, yup ive done that format thing and the card reader/writer shows up in  "my computer" as drive "J". but when i click it, it just freezes! i have to remove the MMC card to open the dropdown window, then again inserting the card, but when i clik "FORMAT" it again freezes,....I again have to remove the card so that the "FORMAT" Dropdowns would appear. with the MMC card inserted again i Click "START FORMAT" and guess what ? FREEEEEEZ !!! again. :-(
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:40:58 PM by sparrow »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 03:50:58 PM »
Well, you might try formatting it from a Command Prompt.  Need any instructions?

Edit: my suggestion is confirmed by HOWTO : Repair a Corrupted MobyMemory Card with your PC.  If you're not familiar with formatting from a Command Prompt, be sure ask for more info.  You don't to accidentally format drive C, now do you?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 04:08:10 PM by soybean »