Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphing packages for use with FrontPage  (Read 2828 times)

sammy1500

Graphing packages for use with FrontPage
« on: July 25, 2006, 09:46:46 AM »
I would like to create a Web site using FrontPage. It will consist primarily of charts and graphs. The charts can be static, i.e., there is no need to link them dynamically to another server. I am looking for the best graphing package to use to create the charts that can then be placed into a FrontPage Web.

Any suggestions on which graphing program to use with FrontPage?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Graphing packages for use with FrontPage
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:10:50 AM »
Do you have MS Office?  If so, look no further.  Use Excel to create your charts.  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:14:08 AM by soybean »

sammy1500

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 10:24:23 AM »
I am looking for something more robust than Excel (when it comes to graphing). I'd like to have some 3-D charts for example, and I would like to be able to control the formatting more closely.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 10:34:49 AM »
Have you really worked with Excel's charting features enough to know it's full capabilities?  It does have 3D capability and I'd say it offers quite a lot of control over formatting.  Perhaps you should get a good reference or tutorial on Excel charting and study it before concluding that Excel is not adequate for your charting needs.

sammy1500

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 10:52:56 AM »
OK, I will revisit Excel's charting capabilities. It has been a few years since I looked at them. But if anyone else has some suggestions, let me know.