Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hard drive problems  (Read 1978 times)

b18da9

hard drive problems
« on: July 29, 2006, 07:20:56 PM »
hi i have two hard drives in my computer... im trying to access my files on my second hard drive but i cant... if i were to go to my computer and look for hard drive d it is asking me to format it... any suggestions on how i could access my files???

GX1_Man

Re: hard drive problems
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 07:22:57 PM »
Info please. See below.

Right click on the drive in my computer and choose properties. What does it say is the file system. (He asked, knowing that they were going to say RAW....)

Go into great detail about what happened prior to this as well as the other info below.

b18da9

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 07:28:49 PM »
this is what happened... my computer wouldnt start so i got a second hard drive, and put it as the master... what im trying to do is transfer the files into my new hard drive so i can reformat my old one... but i cannnot access the files in it

b18da9

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 08:30:59 PM »
is there a way i can access my files???

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 10:03:48 PM »
Right click on the drive in my computer and choose properties. [highlight]What does it say is the file system. [/highlight](He asked, knowing that they were going to say RAW....)

b18da9

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 08:29:36 PM »
gyea raw

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 04:06:57 AM »
You might want to see if the drive can be seen correctly with a Linux LiveCD:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1152393515

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 01:18:16 PM »
Right click on the drive in my computer and choose properties. [highlight]What does it say is the file system. [/highlight](He asked, knowing that they were going to say RAW....)

RAW...i mean right again GX!Man.

patio.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 04:14:16 PM »
A common problem with NTFS file system computers. I haven't discovered the connection yet, but in my last year I have NEVER seen it happen to a FAT32 file system computer. If anyone figures it out....