Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Question  (Read 1715 times)

hawkizzle

Question
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:09:37 AM »
Hello,
I have recently purchased a external harddrive. What im wanting to do  is copying over files from my computer first then from friends computers. There folders are the same as mine, but some contain more files or less in some cases. I am wanting to add the files that i dont already have without having to do it my a file at a time. I was thinking I could just overwrite my folder but there are some with less and i would loose some files. Any Suggestions are welcome  and I was really sure where this went so I put it under here.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 11:34:34 AM »
One technique: select all files in a folder on your friends computer (assuming a folder of the same name, which you say is the actual situation), click on the folder of the same name on your computer and then choose Paste.  If files of the same name arise, Windows Explorer will ask you whether you want to replace the existing file in your folder with the file from the source.