Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help  where is IE  (Read 2347 times)

tonyrees68

help  where is IE
« on: July 30, 2006, 07:31:56 AM »
hi  where is my IE desktop icon  or where can i find it   its gone  trying to uninstall  Norton  and the programs require IE  to use the down loads  mines has gone     how can  i find it
my 1st post on here  any help gladly recieved
tony

GX1_Man

Re: help  where is IE
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 08:26:54 AM »
I'm not sure how you lost it, but you can right click on the Desktop and choose New/Shortcut, then browse to Program Files/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE and click OK. That will create a new one.  ;)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 08:27:37 AM »
Well i'll give it a shot based on the limited amount of info provided...

Open up Windows Explorer and scroll down to the Program Files folder on C: Go to Internet Explorer folder and open it...find an icon labeled IEExplore and right clik it and choose Create Shortcut. Drag and drop this shortcut to the desktop and you should be good to go.

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 08:28:32 AM »
GX1Man types alot faster than me... ;D ;D

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 09:11:46 AM »
Tony:

1. Right-click your Windows desktop and select Properties.
2. In the Display Properties dialog box select the Customize Desktop button.
3. In Desktop Items dialog box, select the Internet Explorer check box and select OK.

Doc

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 09:29:33 AM »

My fingers are bleeding!  :o :o :o :o

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 03:27:34 PM »

My fingers are bleeding!  :o :o :o :o

LOL!  :D

My guess is Gman must go through at least two keyboard every week.  Must be getting close to the time to file 13 another one!

tonyrees68

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »
hiya  everyone  thanks for all the help  ive got back my IE icon  and thx all  but it wont open  when i click it  a hourglass apears for  a split second then a white box appears for a second then nothing i have a problem with a corrupt norton fine that wont allow me to access the internet   ive found a programm that allows me to  delete norton but i need to do this in IE   but it wont open   i know iam a pain in the bum  but been trying for ages now    any help will be rewarded with pop and crisps   tyvm  tony  :) :)

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 03:59:09 PM »
Getting rid of Norton is tough anyway. There are specific instructions on the SYmantec site on how to remove the Norton virus.

It can be harder getting rid of the damage it does. Do you have a Windows CD to reinstall with? It would surely be quicker and the results would be guaranteed to solve the problem. Some people like to cobble together a solution, and sometimes it works, but you could have been fixed by now.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 08:27:45 PM »
You can use the RNAV tool from the maker of Norton AV to remove the antivirus program:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606

I've used it myself, and it works like a charm!

8-)