Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error Loading OS  (Read 1953 times)

Guilded_Fear

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Jackel, Jackel, Its a Jackel!!
    Error Loading OS
    « on: July 31, 2006, 12:03:09 PM »
    Hey guys, its been awhile since ive posted lol but im back with another jam packed annoying as crap problem.  Ive had windows xp reinstalled not to long ago and ive had this problem last time but i dont remember how i fixed it.  It seems that if I dont have the windows xp cd in while my computer loads up xp, ill get an error message during the loading of my cd drives saying "Error Loading OS".  It gives me this every time my xp cd isnt in the drive, but however, when the cd is in the drive, xp loads up as if nothing was wrong.  Did a search on the site for anything and found nothing.  Anyone able to help me? thx. :)

squirrel

Re: Error Loading OS
    « Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »
    We need more to work with.  

1)Specs for PC?  

2)Error message EXACTLY as it appears?

3)is OS installed?

4)Copy of OS is legal??

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 03:18:11 PM »
      In your BIOS, look for your boot order priority. Try removing the CDROM drive from the list. It's almost imposible this could be causing the problem.... but with computers you never know.

Should you need to boot from the disk (eg to format) then put it back in the list again.

Oh, and of course, make sure your harddive is in the list.

Guilded_Fear

Topic Starter

Beginner
      • Jackel, Jackel, Its a Jackel!!
        « Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 11:54:32 PM »
        Hey guys.  I fixed the problem.  Turns out that my boot priority on my hard drives was set to load my slave drive, which had no OS on it.  I just set it to master again and pop, all is well.  Now I officially know my computer inside and out  :) Thx guys