Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: K8N On-Board Sound issue  (Read 2528 times)

Ogreguy1

K8N On-Board Sound issue
« on: August 04, 2006, 04:51:14 PM »
Alright, so I put together a new computer for my dad, and I didnt bother to get a sound card because the Asus K8N boasts on-board sound. But for some reason, winxp doesnt seem to detect it. Is there something more I need to install software wise? I looked in the Bios, but I didnt find anything about onboard sound being disabled. Speakers are plugged in and turned on. When I go to the sound properties in the control panel, almost everything is grey and in the pulldown bars, which are also grey, "no device" is displayed.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

GX1_Man

Re: K8N On-Board Sound issue
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 05:47:27 PM »
Did you load the sound drivers from the motherboard CD? You can also try to search for drivers on the ASUS site, if you don't have it.

Without the appropriate drivers installed (and Windows won't fo it by itself) you will never have sound.  ;)

Ogreguy1

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 04:39:55 PM »
Haha, yeah, I feel pretty retarded... I installed them off of the mobo cd. They should be labeled better, instead of the driver name. Or for the discription - "This is for your on-board  sound!" But yeah, I got it all figured out. Thanks for the reply. =)

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 06:52:36 PM »
Glad you are all fixed up and not "sound challenged".   ;)