Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Pavilion ZT1170 Monitor  (Read 2343 times)

Fletch

HP Pavilion ZT1170 Monitor
« on: August 03, 2006, 06:28:04 PM »
Problem #2 with my laptop.  This has been a problem I think since I bought it.  Every third or fourth time I reboot my machine, when Windows comes up the mouse cursor is all bugged out.  It varies, but usually it looks something like a big block of black and white barcode.  That and often a sliver of pixels will be missing down the middle of my screen and will show up at the right side of the screen instead.  I can always remedy the situation by just rebooting until it starts up right.  I've learned to cope, but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered something similar, and if there is any known fix for it.

GX1_Man

Re: HP Pavilion ZT1170 Monitor
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 07:03:57 PM »
Is the machine under warranty? Do we get any clues about it? Do you have a real Windows CD to solve all of these problems assuming it is not hardware?

rrsg1

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 07:07:13 PM »
When you say every third or fourth time time you reboot, why are you rebooting so much ? Regarding the mouse, try changing the properties and seeing if it continues on another style of mouse pointer.

Fletch

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 08:30:06 PM »
I reboot so much because I don't have a functional battery.  Every time I want to move somewhere else (work/home, kitchen/living room) I have to shut down, unplug it, and restart it somewhere else.  That and the connection on the cord is pretty loose so it doesn't take much to knock it out.  I usually end up restarting five or six times a day.  I have tried changing the mouse pointer and things still bug out.

My laptop is well out of warrantee.  It's four years old.  I still have the restore disks, but I have restored it before and the problem still comes up.  

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 08:39:51 PM »
the connection on the cord is pretty loose so it doesn't take much to knock it out.  

That may be why your battery doesn't charge correctly. (See other 3 or 4 posts).