Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Card not Working  (Read 3869 times)

cybermonk

Video Card not Working
« on: September 08, 2004, 06:23:59 PM »
Greetings...

Well I fixed  most of my problems already except on one comp the video card is still not working. I am running a gForce 4 (MX440-TD8X) video card. The problem is that when I start up the computer I get a "No Signal" message. Now I checked all the connections and even changed the monitor. What I did not do yet was change cards. However during startup the videocard fan is running. If anyone has any suggestion or anything else, please help out..

Thanks,
Cybermonk

Raptor

Re: Video Card not Working
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 03:25:12 AM »
Change videocards or take out any other PCI cards that could be non-compatible with your videocard.

If your fan runs, it means it is provided with power, it does not quite mean that your videocard will work 100%.

cybermonk

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 01:59:57 PM »
Raptor....

I changed videocards the same problem...There are no other PCI cards in place. I have no clue what the problem is...this is a new mobo which i switched the old one for...

I'm not a novice and understand a lot...but this just escapes me.

cybermonk

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 02:19:02 PM »
go into the bios and see if you graphics card is enabled?and all the pnp devices...when you had this new mobo did you use the install disk for it?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 02:19:34 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 03:10:38 PM »
I think that accessing the BIOS with a 'No Signal' error is quite easy. But navigating may prove to be a problem, Merlin.  ;)

Did you try using a different slot? If it is an AGP card, I believe you can test it on one of the PCI slots.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 02:06:52 PM by Raptor »

cyb

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 12:22:29 PM »
since when does an AGP card fit in a PCI slot? when was the last time you took apart a P.C. and merlin since when can you navigate through bios when you don't see anything?

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2004, 01:36:28 PM »
for most peoples info> most graphics cards are built in to most motherboards with the option if people chose to plug in another graphic card...therefore when you plug in your video card ...your pc has alocated the on board card< irq>..? best option take out the cmos battery for five minutes...*with caution.*...and replace it...why do you think people can add more hardware like a graphic cards etc ram this may depend on the motherboard specs < ;Dpnp ;D>....the options are there for people to use if they wish to do so.... software first...hardware next...accept ram sticks...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 01:44:40 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2004, 02:09:18 PM »
since when does an AGP card fit in a PCI slot? when was the last time you took apart a P.C. and merlin since when can you navigate through bios when you don't see anything?

Last time I opened a PC, it was still working. Can't say the same for you.

I never tried inserting an AGP card into a PCI slot. I have no idea if it will fit. I assumed you have tried or at least measured before trying to be smart.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 02:19:37 PM by Raptor »