Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: compatible cpu  (Read 2785 times)

rosa_chinesis

compatible cpu
« on: August 01, 2006, 03:44:56 PM »
my friends computer isnt working properly at the moment, she said after checking everything it seems to be the cpu thats not working.

her computer is quite old now and we cant find the exact part for it, does anyone know of compatible parts?

she has a emachines with windows XP im not sure about the RAM or HD space but im gonna find out and reply to this.

thanks for looking

GX1_Man

Re: compatible cpu
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 03:47:06 PM »
I would like to know how she came to that conclusion. If you posted the exact motherboard make and model or the eMachine model number and the symptoms, we could theorize more.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 03:47:36 PM by GX1_Man »

rosa_chinesis

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:51:05 PM »
ill go try and find out all the exact details now but it keeps restarting itself and it doesnt seem to be a software problem since her computer has been wiped since it started happening. the warmer it seems to get the more it cuts out aswell

squirrel

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 03:53:30 PM »
make sure the fans are:

1)physically present in the PC
2)connected properly

also make sure there are enough fans.

rosa_chinesis

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 03:58:16 PM »
ok iv tried to find out as much as i can and she has a emachines T1090 with a 20 gig hard drive. not sure about ram. it doesnt seem to be the fans as she got more fans lately and it didnt make a difference.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 04:06:29 PM »
Here is some generic info. See what applies:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149804407