Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Load failed error @ startup in Windows ME  (Read 2471 times)

mony

Load failed error @ startup in Windows ME
« on: August 03, 2006, 02:01:50 PM »
I was making copy of some family pics. Burned 1 disk and started the second one and the computer rebooted.
Error message appered LOAD FAILED.
Tried to backup data...nothing.
Used recovery disk to clear all and start all over again...
again the same message..
I need help pls.
Tried a lot of things from the WWW but am unable to resolve the error and start the Recovery of my Computer.
Thanks,
MONY

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Load failed error @ startup in Windows ME
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 02:47:50 PM »
    Mony,

A clearer explaination would really help  ;)

Error message appered LOAD FAILED.   When did this happen,  when the system rebooted? when your application tried to start?

Tried to backup data...nothing.   If the system didn't boot all the way (you're not clear on this) you couldn't back up your data anyway.

Used recovery disk to clear all and start all over again... How far did it get?  recovery disk being the ME cd or a diskette you made?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

mony

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 11:41:42 PM »
    Hi Alan
    Thanks for the Reply.
    The EXACT MESSAGE WHICH APPEARS ON THE MONITOR IS ----

Load Error!
    Press any key to reboot...

I have done FDISK. Deleted partition, Formatted the Drive 2 times and then used the System recovery disk. It does it all and after the message says LOAD COMPLETE, take the disk out of the Drive and reboot from the Hard Drive...it comes back...LOAD ERROR! PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT......

When it first did it, I thought I had a VIRUS and used NORTON ANTIVIRUS Disk to startup. After scanning and not getting anything, I used Dos to go to drive C: and checked the Directories, I had the Data in. which was WINDOWS\DSKTOP\MONY. Checked the contents of the folder all was fine. I tried it all and did a disk recovery where the programmes are erased but not the data files but nothing. After feeling, that nothing could be done I formatted the Drive, Partition and then re-instaled the original system with the HP SYSTEM RECOVERY DISK'S.

Cant Log in any which way.

Need Help.

Thanks a Lot.

MONY

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
      « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 04:40:45 AM »
      It could be a busted HDD, or Bad ram Stoping the Loading

Download The hard drive Scaning software form the Makers web site, and to test the ram run memtest86

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Memtest86_d1247.html <<Memtest
      Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

mony

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 11:58:19 AM »
      Last night, after trying everything, I instlled the XP on it and it installed just fine. So far its runniung good. But to have peace of mind I do need the Tests to run. I will appriciate the help, if U tell me what all tests need to run.

Thanks for the Link on the Memtest.

MONY

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 02:50:18 PM »
      The appropriate hard drive testing software depends on the manufacturer of the drive:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1122425778

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 06:28:34 PM »
        So, I guess that the system originally had ME on it...the install kept giving you fits...then you installed XP.  

"...then re-instaled the original system with the HP SYSTEM RECOVERY DISK'S."  

Sounds like the recovery disked were defective.

Anyway, glad you got it up and running.

Do like GX1_Man said, check the link, download the manufacturers testing software and give it a whirl.

Alan <><  :D
        I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!